Well, hearing a baby cry that has bronchitis is even sadder. Poor Aurora.
I took her to the doc on Tuesday because the "allergies" that he said she had the week before when I took her to the doctor, got even worse. Way worse, actually. And come to find out, she has an ear infection AND bronchitis bordering on pneumonia.
Gah! If the doctor had only listened to this mamma a week earlier, maybe it wouldn't be this bad!
Aren't pediatricians so frustrating?? haha
Anyway, long story short, they gave her a shot to help with her coughing and then she's on amoxicillin for the next 10 days for everything else. And it is WAY sad hearing her cry... or try to cry. Crying is hard when you've got no voice.
In other news, today consisted of:
- sleeping in
*deep breath* haha
Dan had to work for someone at 9am and when he got home at noon, he sat in the living room so I could get a few more hours of sleep. I tell you, he's a sweetheart ♥
- watching The Secret Life of Walter Mitty with Dan and eating tuna melt sandwiches with tomatoes (yuuuumm!) Also, I loved the ending of that movie.
The whole point of watching the movie in the afternoon was so we could return the movie to Redbox before it charged us another day. Yeah, we forgot.
- Talking to my dad on Google+ Hangouts/my cell phone.
That guy. haha We could see him; he couldn't see us.
Like I said, hilarious.
- me cleaning the house + Dan going to our cousin, Sandi's 18th birthday party and then the store + Aurora finally taking a nap
- Dan and I making a new recipe together for dinner with Jeremy and Kaela!
We made Gyro Burger Pitas with Tzatziki Sauce from the cookbook, "Savoring the Seasons with Our Best Bites". They turned out SO yummy! We modified the recipe a bit and used pita pockets (smartest idea) and made smaller burgers to fit inside each half pita pocket.
Soooo, here is my modified recipe. And if you haven't checked out the Our Best Bites blog, you should! They have yummy recipes!
1 pound lean ground beef
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
10 half pita pockets (aka 1 package)
Thin yellow onion slices
Fresh tomato slices, halved
1. Gently combine all ingredients except pitas, onion slices, tomatoes, and tzatziki in a bowl and shape into 10 small oblong patties. Grill 5-6 minutes on each side and remove from heat.
2. Spread tzatziki sauce inside each half pita then place burger, onion, and tomatoes inside.
1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 green onions, white ends finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Store covered in refrigerator up to 3 days.
*I'd use this sauce on fish tacos or really anything! It's amazing!*
Ours weren't that pretty or I'd have included a picture. BUT they WERE yummy!
- Ending the night playing Triominos and Cribbage.
Jeremy kicked our butts at Triominos and then Dan killed us at Cribbage ('bout time he beat me because, not to toot my own horn, but...I usually win hehe)