April 13, 2014

We have a "Plus One"

GUUUUYYYYSSSS!!! I'm back!

We (finally) got internet at our house again and so after almost 8 months AND a beautiful new addition to our family, I am back to blogging. Ah, I feel so happy about this!

Oh, how I have missed blogging. I have been journaling but it's just really not the same. Blogging combines words and pictures to explain my thoughts while journaling just contains my thoughts. I have loved getting back to actually writing on paper with a pen each day though. It's been nice to have some way to document all the wonderful things that happen in my life.



Speaking of wonderful, we were blessed to have brought our sweet baby girl, Aurora Elise Johnson, into the world on January 9, 2014. She is an absolute joy in our life and we are loving learning with her and watching her grow! Dan and I think that being parents is pretty freakin' cool! Ha! But really.

I can't believe our baby is 3 months old already. Boy, does time fly! She can laugh now and she always tries to sit up. She loves holding on to anything and everything near her hands. AND she's a talker! Well, kinda... she's always always babbling and cooing away. I love her stories. I'm pretty sure she gets more and more beautiful each day.


Today, Dan had to work at Ernie's (the new gas station here) so Aurora and I walked to church at 8:45am. (Oh yeah! And we moved! We live on the East side of town now, near the Canyon Park, so we go to the rock church building-beautiful!) It had rained during the night so the ground was wet in spots but the sun was shining bright and it had just started to warm up for the day. So grateful for the beautiful world we live in and the opportunity I have to be out in the sunshine with my baby girl.

Church was great. There was a baby blessing and the young men's presidency spoke on how the Aaronic Priesthood prepares young men for receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood (Dan's the secretary for the YM so he was supposed to speak too but was unable to get free from work...). Hearing that father give his baby boy a blessing using the power of the priesthood and then hearing talks on the priesthood was so wonderful. It brought me back to a month ago when Dan was able to give Aurora a name and a blessing, as well as all the countless times I've been able to witness Dan or my dad or my grandpa or other men in my life use their priesthood to bless the lives of others and be examples of Christ. I love being married to someone who worthily upholds that gift so our lives can be blessed and we can more fully feel of His spirit in our home. I have such a testimony of the power of the priesthood and I am so grateful to be a participant in it.


Life is so good! These past 8 months have been amazing and so so SO much has happened. Unfortunately, too much to catch you all up on sooooo... if you feel like you've missed out, just look at all the pictures I've posted on Instagram or Facebook and piece it together yourself. Otherwise, I'll (hopefully) be posting more from here on out about our lives and the adventures of the 3 Johnsons! Yay! We love having a third!

No comments: