April 23, 2013

InstaTuesday #7


/I got new makeup from Mary Kay; since Dan's mom sells it, we got 50% off! Woo! Also, I captioned this one "Nice to 'nose' ya." haha I'm crazy. Welcome to the party./ 


/Erin painted my nails sparkly red! Didn't she do a good job?/


/Dan and I babysat Jack again (while Jeremy and Kaela learned to do the photo kiosks that Clay and Leslie do for cruise lines) and we picked up Erin after school so we painted masterpieces with watercolors for about 3 hours. That kid. haha/


/I made up a new recipe and it was amazing! I call them Sloppy Joe Cups and for those of you wanting the recipe, here it is: 
ingredients- About 1lb. hamburger (browned), 1/2 can sloppy joe mix, About 2 cans biscuits (pilsbury or whatever), shredded cheddar cheese
directions- Heat oven to the temperature indicated on biscuits. Grease your muffin tin (I used Pam and two 6-cup muffin tins). Flatten out your biscuits and place them in the tins. Brown hamburger and mix in sloppy joe mix. Scoop about 1 and 1/2 heaping tablespoons full of sloppy joe into the muffin tins on the biscuit (just fill the cup the biscuit made). Put in oven for the full recommended time on the biscuits (more if needed) or until browned. When there is about 2 minutes left on the time, pull out them out and cover with cheese then pop back in for the rest of the time. Pull them out when the cheese is melted and the edges of the biscuits are browned. Swirl a knife around the edges of the cups to get the muffins out and enjoy. (If you let them cool for a couple minutes before eating, you can pick them up with your hand and just eat them that way)/


/Well, here it is; my "final" (my compilation of everything student teaching) for student teaching. 4 inch binder packed FULL! This was my last thing to do for student teaching so now I'm ready for graduation! Ahhh! This is so unreal!/


/Dan got to participate in The Relay for Life that The American Cancer Association puts on to raise money for families that have someone with cancer with the scouts in our ward. I went and walked with him for awhile. It was fun but chilly! Poor kid got to spend all night there haha/


/I have been eyeing these little succulents at Smith's whenever I go shopping and I finally got me some! Aren't they pretty? I die./


/Saturday after The Relay for Life, we went to New Castle Reservoir with Dan's family. It was so much fun and Dan caught lots of fish!/


/Just, you know, having some quality Facebook time with my Dad haha/


/I love going to my parents' house! They always have the yummiest food. Fresh strawberries and one of my favorite treats that my mom makes, chocolate rolled rice puffs. If I cook for my kids like my mom cooks for me, my kids will be in heaven haha/

No comments: