October 27, 2011

love

In only 4 short days, I grew VERY attached to the students and SpEd teachers at East Elementary.
Today was my last day and I was SO sad to have to say goodbye!
I had one of the best experiences and I felt like it only got better everyday.

I got to teach some groups again today for reading and writing.
I really enjoyed it!
I've learned that I feel strangely comfortable teaching (even with 2 minutes prep and notice) and I'm SO happy about that!
Here's to the future! *cheers*
And when I was saying goodbye Gloria was telling me and another teacher in the room that if she could keep me at the school for the whole year, she would do it in a heartbeat.
She said she was very impressed with the way I was able to teach and the big help that I was and she even tried to convince me that East was where I should request to do student teaching!
She said that I was a joy to work with and that they would love to have more practicum or student teachers come to their school if they are all exactly like me!
What a compliment!

Needless to say, I left St. George today feeling very confident and very pleased and VERY VERY happy with the chance I had to come to St. George.
After all the complaining I did about having to drive to St. George for my practicum, I don't think I could've had a better experience closer to home.
What an awesome week!

BUT I am also, very glad to be home!
Practicum was great and staying with Dan's grandma and grandpa was so fun but...
I missed Dan like crazy!
Walking into Quizno's (where he's at work tonight) right when I got off the freeway, and seeing the look on his face when he first saw me was so great!
And the hug I got was probably the best one I've ever gotten.
Boy do I love him!

It's amazing how much you can miss someone after being away from them for only 3 short days!
I can't wait till he gets off of work.


Also, coming home was even better when I got the picture from Dan of our yucky, annoying, stupid, disgusting mice stuck to our sticky traps!
Ding dong the mice are dead! (I only hope we've seen the last of them...)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

All this teaching business sounds like so much fun. Also I might die if I ever have Mice in my house. LITERALLY. I hate mice more than anything. I'm glad Dan killed them for you while you were gone!!