July 13, 2010

"Sometimes" Experiences

Pretty sure that when I work at the box office, I usually end up sitting around doing nothing except facebook stalking (haha) or staring out the window. It's pretty exciting. BUT sometimes I see/hear random things that I think are pretty funny. So...I've decided to share those wonderful "sometimes" experiences with you.

#1. Yesterday, when I came into work, the painters were in the basketball office painting the walls so I walk past them into our office and close the door. A little while after doing this, I hear that they've put on some music to listen to while painting. The first song playing is "Our Song" by Taylor Swift and those boys in there are belting it out in girly voices right along with the music! And this continued on for a few hours to various other songs such as "Cowboy Casanova" and "You're So Vain", leaving me very entertained while I sat in my office. I don't think they knew we could hear them...which made the experience even better! haha

#2. It's currently about 9am and there is a guy sitting out in his new Chevy Camaro in front of the box office revving his engine. He's all alone and no one has come out for him to pick up and he wasn't dropping anyone off either. He's just sitting there revving the car engine. It's weird! Seriously, who drives to the university at nine in the morning so they can rev their engine and then peel out onto the road when they're done with that? It's just weird.

So you see? These "sometimes" experiences are entertaining and mind-boggling when you are bored at work.

In other news, I never posted pictures from this last weekend when Anne Marie was here so enjoy these next few pictures and short descriptions of what we did.

Friday night: Anne Marie arrived around 5:30pm so we went and got snow cones at the Tiki Shack and then went to see Despicable Me. (That movie is so cute and funny!) After the movie, we ate dinner at Costa Vida, went to the Ren Fair with some people from the pool, and roasted marshmallows at Carly's parents house. It was a good night.

Amelia and Carly at the Park
J.P. Melchoir was there. He's a regular at the pool so, of course, he had to come bug all of us lifeguards
Joe thought it would be funny to put J.P.'s sword up next to Amelia to see which is taller
Miranda and Roman at the Ren Fair
Marianne is so funny! I love working with her!
Anne Marie, Joe, Roman, and Amelia getting the fire started
Amelia eating marshmallows
Anne Marie roasting marshmallows
Roman was poking my marshmallow with a toothpick. I like the glow of the fire on this picture

Saturday: We started out the day by heading to the St. George Temple to do baptisms. We got there at about 10:30am and it was an hour wait til we could do baptisms. There was a youth group before us so we sat in the waiting area. While we waited about 35 other walk-ins came in. By the time we were all able to go in and they seated us in the chapel, we filled the entire chapel with about 40 walk-ins so they treated us like a ward. It was neat to see how many people were there to attend the temple and do work for the dead. It shows how important temple work is. When we finished with the temple, we ate lunch at Five Guys Burgers and Fries...BEST BURGER PLACE THERE IS!! Yum!! Then we drove home the back way (through Enterprise). It was fun because none of us had been that way and it was really pretty and rained a little bit. When we got home we changed and then spent the evening at the Ren Fair and the July Jamboree on Main Street.

Steph, me, and Anne Marie at the temple
Me and Steph at the temple
Belly dancers at the Ren Fair
Belly dancers at the Ren Fair
Steph, Anne Marie, and I decided to be brave and try...
Riding a Camel!!
That's right! We rode a Camel at the Ren Fair in Cedar City (of all places)! It was a cool experience! But also scary...I have a small fear of large animals up close...I think I conquered my fear!
Me, Anne Marie, and Steph on the Camel
Birds at the Ren Fair
The birds were so pretty!
Erin, me, and Collette taking a break on the lawn
Me and Collette
Cool cars at the July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
Old bike on the back of one of the cars at the July Jamboree
July Jamboree
One of my favorite cars at the July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
I saw Whitney at the July Jamboree!
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
Another one of my favorites at the July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
Erin, Collette, Steph, and Anne Marie next to one of the older cars at the July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
Erin liked this car a lot. It was so tiny inside!
This was the wheel of the old car. It had wood on it!
Another of my favorites at the July Jamboree
People and cars a the July Jamboree
One of my favorites at the July Jamboree
They even had a small airplane on the ground at the July Jamboree
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
I saw Katrina there! I miss her!
July Jamboree
July Jamboree
Getting snow cones from the Tiki Shack. Erin was so cute! haha
All of us getting snow cones from our favorite place was a great way to end the day!

No comments: