January 28, 2010

Life So Far

So school is going great! And...I must say, I'm pretty dang proud of myself because, thus far, I have 100% on ALL my assignments and I haven't missed not even one day of class! Compared to last semester...and the semester before, I'm doing SO good.

I'm liking all my classes so far. Granted, some of the teachers are a little crazy *cough* Professor Harris *cough* haha but I can handle her. It's kind of like having Mrs. Cammack all over again.

Last week for my education technology class I made a webpage all about me! It's pretty rad. http://www.student.suu.edu/~elizabethbarclay/TechPracticeBarclay/index.html you should check it out!

I think that my favorite class is teaching reading for elementary education. Karen Houser is the professor and she's amazing. She reminds me, quite a bit, of my 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Jensen. I loved her too. Professor Houser just has some really great ideas and I love the way she teaches. I'm intrigued everyday! Tonight, I have a group meeting with my book share group so we can finish planning our Author Share activity for tomorrow. I'm kind of excited! We chose Mary Ann Hoberman as our author and we are going to make a cake (cupcakes) for our treat for the class that is out of her book, "The Seven Silly Eaters." Definitely one of my favorite books as a child. Hopefully it turns out good! This is the recipe:
Mrs. Peters’ Birthday Cake
½ pound (2 sticks) sweet butter, softened
1 ½ cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
1 cup oatmeal, quick or regular
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
4 drops red food coloring

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 10-inch tube pan.
2. Warm milk to 70 degrees and add 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Let sit 10 minutes until milk has thickened.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, blending well.
4. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in oatmeal.
5. Blend applesauce with thickened milk and red food coloring.
6. Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with the milk/applesauce mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
7. Pour batter into prepared tube pan. Set on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes, or until cake pulls away from sides of pan and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Cool cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan.
8 to 10 portions

:)

Also, it has snowed loads and loads and it is absolutely beautiful outside! I feel like becoming a photographer for the day and taking tons of pictures! I can tell that I need to have another sledding excursion and also, I need to go snowboarding. I have 2 passes, so why not use them...soon, right!? Right! Well, I guess some coming Thursday afternoon, you'll find me on the slopes of Brian Head. Can't wait!

"Noddin' my head like yeah! Movin' my hips like yeah! I've got my hands up, they're playin' my song and I know it's gonna be ok. Yeahhh, it's a party in the USA!"


No comments: