November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving and the break..

I'll just start by saying that this break has been wonderful! It has been much needed and just...well, wonderful. I've been able to spend time with my family and some friends and it has been so fun! For Thanksgiving dinner this year we went to my Grandpa and Grandma Smith's house like we do every year. Lori's family didn't come this year but we did get to see Lori and my cute little cousin, Kailey, for a bit after the dinner was over. It was really fun to have Lisa's family there this year though! They live in Spanish Fork, Utah so we don't get them here all the time especially since Melissa and Todd both have to work for the "Black Friday" sale the day after Thanksgiving. We had turkey, candied yams, pie, veggies, corn, potatoes, and green bean cassorole and it was soooooo yummy! After dinner we all sat around and talked or played games outside. I love my family so much and I'm so thankful everyday for all of them. It's great to know that we will be able to be together forever.
Today has been great as well. It's been very relaxing haha I slept in until 11am and then didn't get ready for the day until about 4pm. I did get a surprise visit from Carly Anderson, Marianne Croft, Ashley Berry, and Tina Harris around noon though so they got the great gift of seeing me in my pajamas. They said they tried to text me and call me but my phone was dead and I just hadn't bothered to plug it in so they came over. I swear, I NEVER get any calls and texts that are important but the minute my phone dies and I just decide to leave it uncharged something important ALWAYS comes up! Carly came over to tell me she is ENGAGED! My good friend Joe Christensen proposed to her and they are going to be getting married in May or June. I'm excited for them! They've been together for about 4 years... I cannot believe how many of my friends are getting married or have already gotten married. The numbers are starting to overwhelm me a bit. haha Who will be next!? Oh well, it's fun to see that we are all growing up. I went to Teal McMahon's wedding reception tonight. She looked so beautiful. After that I went to see "The Blind Side" in theaters with Mom, Steph, and Bec. We got the LAST 4 tickets! And oh my heck, was it worth it! That was one of the best movies I've seen in a while and I loved it!
Well, only one more day of the break. Such a bummer! And we only have TWO weeks left of school! Yikes! I'm hoping I pass... haha

No comments: