December 11, 2014

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

I've pretty much been obsessed with blogging lately... but not on this blog. Curses. haha

Really though, I'm sorry I've been such a slacker. I've been focusing more of my efforts on updating and playing around with the blog I've made for my sister, Collette, who just left on an LDS mission.

I'm just loving the look of her blog and I'm loving hearing from her or from my parents who hear from her... yeah, hopefully she writes to ME soon and in the mean time I'll try to breathe and remember that she is a busy busy lady in service to the Lord. (If you want to check her blog, feel free to do so! She's pretty much awesome. ----> Called to Serve: Louisiana Edition)

I'm thinking of changing the look of THIS blog soon. I've had it like this for awhile and I'm just sort of feeling a need for change. Ya know? Ahh, but what to change it to? That is the real question. Oh, I'll be thinking. No worries. In the mean time...


Lately we've been Christmas-ing it up around here! Or at least I have. And I've been forcing it on my small family. They love it. I think.

I mentioned to Dan at the beginning of December that I wanted to watch old Christmas movies so he bought me a DVD set of some classics. Basically, Aurora and I have been watching them on repeat now for the last week and a half. It's been great!


Also, I've been sipping on loads of hot cocoa. I think my favorite mix I've made so far is a cup of Stephen's white hot chocolate with added pumpkin spice seasoning. Yuuuuum.

Oh! And we put up our Christmas tree! It's so lovely! We had a good time listening to Christmas tunes and setting it all up together. AND Dan knows that I've been big on making memories and traditions this year so after it was all set up, we piled in the car and went to get eggnog and donuts. Then we watched a movie together after putting our little one to sleep. I have the best husband.



Speaking of having the best husband... that guy has been overly excited for weeks about this present he's getting me! I'm over here feeling excited about it (whatever it is) BUT also feeling a little bit like my gift for him is just not going to be as good as whatever he got me. Even though I'm sure he is going to love the small things I got him... haha I'm sure you all know the feeling.

Oh well. It just feels good to give! And it really is the thought that counts. Right? We have been gathering gifts for family and friends for quite some time now and we are definitely getting anxious to give! There is something about making someone else happy, that makes you happy. And that is better than any gift we could receive ourselves.

I just love the feeling that the Christmas season brings to everyone. I'm sure that I'm turning into that person who could play Christmas music all year round.

... Oh don't worry. I won't though.

OR WILL I?? hahaha just kidding. But really. Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!

No comments: