October 18, 2012

Oh, it's you again...


Did you think I'd forgotten about you? It has been almost a month, you know.

So much has happened, I don't even know where to start!

So I guess an update on Dan would be a good place...

Hubby got that job (thanks to all you finger-crossers out there). He's now the new Dietary Aid at Kolob Regional Care Center and he's loving it! I love it too... sometimes he brings me home the yummy food he helps make... and, speaking of yummy, he looks mighty good in scrubs hehe But it's turned him into a VERY busy man (as if he wasn't busy before, right? haha). He's also working at Quizno's and doing landscaping so, yeah, busy is a good word. I keep telling him that he's going to drop dead from pure exhaustion one of these days but I, also, appreciate him SO MUCH. While I'm finishing my last year of school, I'm working about 10 hours a week (rarely more) so we really rely on his paychecks. He's been such a trooper to work so hard for us. I'm so blessed to have him as a husband. He loves me, gives me the much needed encouragement I need to finish school, AND takes such good care of me.

As for me...

I survived teaching 2nd grade in Midvale for a whole week. Well, I more than survived, actually. I loved it! Those 2nd graders were about the cutest kids ever AND I have found that I can teach full days successfully on my own (which makes me a lot less nervous about student teaching in January). One fun story (that I've already told just about everyone and their dogs...) that happened while I was there on the first few days, my cooperating teacher, Mrs. Felling, told all the kiddos to get in line to go to recess. She said, "Ok, I need all the boys to line up behind Mrs. Johnson (me) and all the girls to line up behind Mrs. Felling." So the kids head to their positions and as everyone is finishing lining up, the boys say, "Yay!! We get the tall teacher!" HA! I'm so proud to be labeled as "the tall teacher"... for the one and only time in my life haha good thing Mrs. Felling was as tall as my Grandma Barclay!



I was so nervous the first few days at East Midvale. I was in a school I'd never been in, I wasn't too sure of my cooperating teacher (she was a bit silly the first day but I ended up loving her), I was missing my hubby dearly, and I had no idea what to expect; I'd never been in a 2nd grade class! BUT by Wednesday, I was loving it! Teaching went great (for the most part) and hanging out with people in my class plus Chelsea's sister, brother-in-law, and their baby boy was so fun. I ate at Hooters for the first time in my life (haha), I bought 3 pairs of pants for $23 at the Goodwill (basically, this place kicks the D.I. in the butt), and I even got to hang out with my cousin, Melissa, for a night. The ride home was a blast driving with Chelsea and Cassie but I will say, I was very much excited to be home with Dan on Friday night (even though I came home to an iguana free roaming my house and a new pet snake by the name of Red...) but it was a good trip. Now I'm just living it up in my 5th grade class at North, going to school, and trying to keep up with my online geology class plus have a clean house.



In other news, my parents sold their GEO Tracker while I was away and bought themselves a new Honda CRV (it's so cute!), Dan's brother, Ryan, moved to Cedar and has been staying at our place for a bit so that's been fun, AND I was able to meet Dan's dad, Shon, for the first time last week and it went really well! He's a really nice guy and he reminds me of Dan's Grandpa Johnson. A lot. It's been fun for Dan to catch up with his dad and for me to get to know him a little. He taught me a new way to make peach cobbler. You all know how I love food haha

Oh! AND since it was so monumental, I have to say that I went to Collette's choir concert the other night and the concert was probably the best one Mr. G has ever done! I know, I wouldn't have believed it either but they added a men's choir and they sang ALL NEW songs (a first!) and it was actually entertaining to watch. Now, don't get me wrong, the singing has always been good but it was nice that he switched things up this year.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Wow! You've been keeping busy!!! So glad teaching is going so well for you!