June 20, 2011

Monday Monday gettin down on Monday

The cute little cherry red Cobalt I got to drive today when the boys traded me for Jimmy to do work. Loved it!

This week I'm workin the 8 to 5 schedule.
That's right, a whole day of doing nothing. All by myself.
And I (mostly) love it.
Really!
Sometimes it's nice to just have some time to myself.
BUT it's always a WAY better time when husband comes and spends most of it with me.

We talked, he drew me a picture (kind of), and then we watched an episode of Medium (our new series on Netflix) and an episode of 1000 Ways to Die (cool/crazy/gross show) with my tiny headphones (they're seriously horrible, but it meant getting cozy cause we had to sit really close. oh yeah) on the computer.

Too bad he couldn't spend the whole day with me. That would've been rad.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I made-up a tasty lunch today.
I call it "Cornbread Green Bean Casserole".

2 cans green beans, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/8 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon season salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 chicken tenders cut into pieces
1 box Jiffy cornbread, made as directed

Cook chicken and cut into pieces.
In a bowl, mix together green beans, mushroom soup, milk, cheese, season salt, pepper, and cooked chicken.
Pour into an 8x8 casserole dish.
Make cornbread as directed on box in a separate bowl.
Drop cornbread onto green bean mixture and spread evenly on top.
Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Yum!

No comments: